Every effort has been made to ensure that this site is as safe as possible. But if you think there is a possibility that sending a story here can put you at risk, please put your personal safety first and don’t post.
You can send stories to our site in 2 ways:
- using an online form on the website and
- sending an email to [email protected].
If you want to take additional security precautions when submitting stories, here are some steps you can take:
- If you send the story via email, please visit http://www.hushmail.com or http://www.protonmail.com and register. From your email account, you can email the story to our email.
- We recommend that you install and use TOR security software on your computer before submitting stories (this is important to prevent other users seeing what sites you have accessed). You can do this by accessing https://www.torproject.org/. If the main TOR site is blocked, try one of the mirror sites at https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/mirrors.html.en. The following is a video tutorial on how to install and operate TOR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTCMF6cGh_E
- If a vulnerable website has been visited (for example Gmail, Yahoo, etc.), always use the https proxy if available.
- If a sensitive website has been visited (before installing TOR), delete your all browser history. Your browser history can still be found, but this makes it a little more difficult to track.
- Learn how to protect your online security (see this guide in English from the Electronic Frontier Foundation: https://ssd.eff.org/your-computer/protect, or this: http://security.resist.ca/ index.shtml).
- Please note that we can quote your story (anonymously) in future media articles or potential books about this project.
This privacy notice applies only to information collected by this site. The policy will notify you of the following:
- Personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how the information is used, and with whom it can be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding your data usage.
- Security procedures are in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How can you correct inaccuracies in information.
Never Okay Project is the sole owner of information collected on this site. We only have access to information that you voluntarily provide via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
You can opt out from our contact list at any time. You can adjust the following by contacting us via email address or telephone number provided on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change or correct any data that we have about you
- Erase any data we have about you
- Raise your concern about our use of data.
We take any precaution steps to protect your information. Wherever we collect sensitive information, it has been encrypted and sent to us in a safe manner. You can verify this by searching for the lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the webpage address.
Although we use encryption to protect sensitive information sent online, we also protect your information offline. Only our internal team needs information to do certain work (follow-up stories/content creation) given access to personally identifiable information. The server where we store information is stored in a safe environment.